|“||That's ma'am to you, tad.||”|
— Daphne, "Scooped"
Daphne is a female Tunnel Toad that speaks with a slight southern accent. The Toad Patrol seeks her help when a human takes Oyster and Slippery Jack away in a bucket. She lives in a Toad Tunnel near a gas station.
Although she may appear stern at first, Daphne is actually a very kind-hearted toad. When Fur Foot mistakenly addresses her as a male, she acts offended, but quickly shrugs the matter aside with a laugh. When she sees that the Toad Patrol won't move on without Oyster or Slippery Jack, she tells them where they might find them, even after insisting they were lost forever. She's a bit rough around the edges, but wouldn't hesitate to help out.
In the second season, Daphne is also shown to be very courageous. She rescues Fur Foot without a second thought when he gets trapped in a hole. Later, she helps him again as well as Panther Cap and Shaggy Mane escape Erebus.
- "Now, what's got your flippers in such a flap?"
- "Let me guess: Your friends are hopping along, lalalalala, not a care in the world, and all of a sudden WHABAM!"
- (about the pail that scooped the twins) "Yours was pink, eh? Cute..."
- "There's only one thing to do: go on with your business, find the Fairy Ring and forget about your friends."
- Among the Tunnel Toads introduced in the series, Daphne is the only female.